Welcome

Maybe tablescaping has always been in me from arranging little displays in my dad's pharmacy when I was a teen to decorating my classroom through my 35 years of teaching. Now that I am retired, this seems the next step.

Friday, March 23, 2012

006-More Perfect Finds and a Gift

 I tried using green and yellow plates from the Dollar Store Mexican collection with the Sandy Shores bowls and mugs but the colors were a little TOO vibrant. I am still struggling with this table.  I am sure the gorgeous tables I see in the blogs just FELL together (lol...I can see they take a bunch of time)

Just as we were leaving to do a few errands and get in a little shopping, I noticed a fat mailer on the porch.  OOoOOoooOOoo!!!  It was from the sweet lady who introduced me to TableScaping (Dogs and Grandkids Blog).  There is a whole stack of wonderful napkins, including several sets of peach that will compliment the new dishes and shells.  A blue set of tablecloth and napkins, and a fascinating vintage tablecloth that reminds me so much of my mother's tablecloths I have packed in a cedar chest back in Michigan.  Fortunately, Rosie will be visiting me this summer and can help me go through the linens of Mother's and Grandmother's. 

We had to go out today and I found myself at Bealls store #3 (I think there are 3 more in our vicinity) to see what I could see.  There was a stack of dark beige plates with brown edges.  Perfect!!!  I bought 4 to replace the 3 that were broken in the Sandy Shores set and feel like it is almost complete, now.
I think these peach flowers on the napkin are so beautiful with the shell dishes.
See how that dark plate compliments the shell dishes?  And that Napkin!!!

This shell vase was just sitting there on a shelf at Bealls calling my name.  It matches the dishes and the theme!
Here in the shell vase is s part of the collection of napkins from my sweet friend.  I am thinking of making a little trip to Orchid Island Botanicals and finding a couple of orchids to put in moss in this vase instead of fresh flowers.  You can see one of the real shells in the background.  Last winter I had orchids in the real shells.
I bought the patterned napkins and the plain ones were a gift...they had not been bought to go together but they sure do, don't they?


1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you like the goodies. I think the peach looks so good with your shell dinnerware. I can't wait to get to MI this summer.

    ReplyDelete