Welcome

Maybe tablescaping has always been in me from arranging little displays in my dad's pharmacy when I was a teen to decorating my classroom through my 35 years of teaching. Now that I am retired, this seems the next step.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bargain Day

I have already found the thrill of bargain hunting last week at the Dollar Tree, Home Goods, and Bealls.  Today I wanted to go a bit further...thrift and antique stores.


Sebastian is a relatively small town, but right on the water, it has a good Spring Break crowd and lots of Snowbirds...thus lots of specialty shops.

Very close is a small strip mall that acquired two new shops this year.  One is a resale shop for the charity supporting Breast Cancer Research.  There were some interesting linens but nothing that spoke to me.  I did find some napkin rings.  There was a whole set of china, service for 8, no pieces chipped or missing for $20 just sitting there. I  may go back Thursday.
This will do...for $.25
Next I walked next door to the Party Treasures store looking for Easter decorations.   All I found there was a package of fancy disposable finger towels that might make for good decoupage Easter Eggs like I saw in a blog yesterday.  I did get a set of 6 Easter egg sidewalk chalks for the girls.




If I don't get to decoupaging the Easter Eggs then these will go well in my bathroom for guest towels.

I bought these eggs-ornaments last week but still don't know what I will do with them.  Branched sticks are few and far between in Florida. Maybe I had better go see my florist on Thursday, too.


Then we had lunch and chased a large brush fire we could see but wanted to locate, since it was rather close to where we live.  That adventure is in my Snowbird blog
Then we went to an antique, resale shop on Main Street that we have looked at many times.  It was so chock full that I only got a yard or two inside the door before I knew I better stop before I ran out of money.
First I saw these adorable salt and pepper shakers that I knew went beautifully with the shell dishes from last table setting so, of course, I bought two sets.


The 2 bunny bowls and one plate just screamed at me for Easter breakfast for the girls.  I can pair them with other plates I have available.  $1 apiece.



The crystal with the gold edge will go back to Michigan with me because it goes with the water goblets that belonged to my maternal grandmother.  Don't they just scream the 1920s?  All four for $20!

2 comments:

  1. You did good!!!! I love the crystal; so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we’re living in tough economic times throughout that we tend to might all stand to avoid wasting a little further money wherever and however we have a tendency to will. the site offers you a staggering range of benefits when it comes to buying your towels wholesale.
    cheap bulk towels

    ReplyDelete