Welcome

Maybe tablescaping has always been in me from arranging little displays in my dad's pharmacy when I was a teen to decorating my classroom through my 35 years of teaching. Now that I am retired, this seems the next step.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Shopping pays off!!!

I went back to the Hospice resale shop in our town (Hidden Treasures).  While I was there I asked about volunteering next winter and they said they always need people early winter.

The dishes I saw last time were gone but I liked another set they just got in better and same price...complete setting for 6 for $20 and made in USA.

2 contrasting napkins and the new dinnerwear
3 or 4 stores down the way is the florist I like.  I asked about apricot flowers for next Friday and they said they would order a few.  Then I asked about a branch of some kind for the Easter glass ornaments and they brought out a perfect piece of willow.  Two days later and the thing is leafing out and looks perfect with the eggs hanging on one side so gracefully!  I won't show that until I get the flowers into the basket-vase next Friday.  The Margareta glasses will hold fresh fruit for an appetizer.
Margareta glasses for fruit and pitcher (on the right) for juice

I took a couple of the apricot napkins (print and plain) to Pier One and barely got in the door.  That place just assaults the senses.  This time their tables were as beautiful as the ones in Melbourne.  I am going to ask about the designer next time.  Imagine having that whole store at your disposal. The girl who met me at the door had some wonderful suggestions including these napkin rings and pairing of contrasting napkins.  Thanks to the wonderful gift from my fellow Granny Rosie I had just the napkins needed for my Easter table for 6.
The breakfast table for Easter is almost done

As I said, the whole table including flower arrangement will be posted on Friday.  It has become the Easter Morning Breakfast table.  I just heard that 1, 2, or 4 or maybe 5 more people will be here for dinner.  I have a tablesetting for 8 so there will have to be a big change between meals and still get in the Easter Egg hunt, the basket hunt, and more.  I can do it, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment