Welcome

Maybe tablescaping has always been in me from arranging little displays in my dad's pharmacy when I was a teen to decorating my classroom through my 35 years of teaching. Now that I am retired, this seems the next step.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

005 - New Finds

My first reaction to the gorgeous tables in the blogs was to excuse myself because of 1) being in a house we only occupy 4 months of the year and 2) not wanting to put a lot of money into extravagant purchases.  I was wrong on both counts.  There are a lot of little things around here, most in an old, broken china cabinet.  I had sorted out the plaster "I Love You This Much" figurines and kept some good, or at least usable pieces.

Most of this is the result of my latest shopping trip.
After reading more in the blogs I recognized more stores than just the Dollar Store I frequent.  We had a Bealls, Home Goods, Pier One.  So we went shopping.

Nothing at the Dollar Store this time.  But Bealls was next door and I found a treasure.  There was a box of Pfaltzgraff china on the bargain shelf.  It was the "Sandy Shores" pattern.  2 plates were broken or missing and one salad plate.  Still...list price for this service for 4 (I later found) was $140.  On sale at the home site I found it for $69.99.  I bought this set minus the 3 plates for $20.

Paisley table cloth, round yellow placemats, blue and yellow napkins were from Home Goods.

I tried to use the 2 blue plates and they were TOO blue. 


The amber "vase" is a stoppered bottle and glass plate that were here.  The tiered amber dish was also here.  The flowers are from a local independent florist that may become my new best friend.  I changed from the slightly-past-prime vase and flowers from last table with this tall, sparse arrangement and tangerines.

The shell (and others I might add later) were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment